Friday, May 14, 2010

Cream Cheese Chicken

I suppose I should start taking pics when I make my meals... but for this first post, I have no pic. It really is simple, which is what I go for since I don't get home till late afternoon. The crockpot and my KitchenAid (which has absolutely nothing to do with this post:) are my best friends in the kitchen. Anyway, back to the recipe.

- 1 chicken cut up, about 3-4 pounds chicken parts (without ribs would work best)
-2 tblsp melted butter
-salt and pepper
-2 tblsp dry Italian salad dressing
-1 can of something soup (as I like to call it... cuz there are quite a few) i.e. cream of chicken, cream of celery, cream of mushroom... any will do
-6 oz. cream cheese, cut in cubes
-1/2 cup dry white wine or sherry (I used vinegar, which gives it a different taste methinks, but a good one)
-1 tblsp finely chopped onion


Wash chicken and pat dry (umm, I only do this cuz I feel guilty if I don't follow the recipe to the letter... well, at least most of the time). Brush with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place chicken pieces in crockpot. Sprinkle dry salad mix over chicken. Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours (I am gone from about 8 a.m. till at least 6 p.m., yep, that's right, approximately 10 hours minimum. Even though chicken creates its own juices, I normally put in some water... other than that, the chicken will be fine, very tender, but very fine.)

About 1 hour before serving, mix soup, cream cheese, wine and onion in a saucepan. Cook until smooth. Pour over chicken; cover and cook for 30 minutes longer. (Last time I made this recipe, I made the sauce in the morning, and then refrigerated it. So, when I got home, I just had to pour it and wait 30 minutes. The sauce only takes about 10 minutes to make.)

Serve over rice or noodles. (I prefer noodles, well, to be honest, I haven't even tried it over rice cuz I so like the noodles).

I love this recipe, and am now thinking I need to make it again after writing this post. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do if you try it. And if you don't like it, well, umm, to each his/her own:).

Easy Recipe for Chicken in the Crockpot - Easy Recipe for Chicken with Wine

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! That's a good idea to put extra water in the crock pot. I always put my meat in the crock pot frozen, which I'm sure is breaking culinary and food safety rules all over the place, but otherwise it cooks too fast (I usually have smaller cuts of meat in there - when I put a big roast or something that fills up the crock pot more it doesn't cook as quickly.). Welcome to the blogging world! Have fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I defrost my meat, but it would be much quicker to just stick it in frozen, and you're still alive, right?:) Haha, anyway, yeah, I think it'll be fun, I just have to remember to take pics, I think that would be better.

    ReplyDelete