Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Banana Bread- Scratch that- Banana Chocolate Chip Bread



























Once again, I found myself looking for a recipe online. Sometimes there are so many that look worth trying that I wonder, "Which one should I try?" Well, a couple years ago, I chose this one for Banana Bread.... and I haven't tried to find another one. I have made it many times, and every time, it has turned out right- no, not just right, it's turned out grand. I have even put the batter into two mini loaf pans rather than one big one, and that has also turned out great. The following is the link to the website I found it on:




http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_bread/




The only way I have tweaked the recipe is by adding chocolate chips to it. I love chocolate, as do the people I cook for- my sisters. One of my sisters won't even touch Banana Bread that doesn't have chocolate chips in it. I must admit, I also prefer it with chocolate. I have never measured how much I put in, but I'd venture to guess 1/2 a cup.




Ingredients:


  • 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed (I usually use 4)

  • 1/3 cup melted butter

  • 1 cup sugar (recipe says this can easily be reduced to 3/4 cup, which I have never done)

  • 1 egg beaten

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

  • Pinch of salt

  • 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour



Preheat oven to 350. Mix butter into already mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour, mix in. At this point you would pour in the chocolate chips, if you want them in the bread. Pour mixture into greased 4x8 in. loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour, if an inserted toothpick comes out clean, it is done. Cool on a rack. Removie from pan slice to serve.



TIP: No toothpicks on hand? Use part of an uncooked spaghetti noodle

1 comment:

  1. I love homemade banana bread! Glad you found a recipe you love and didn't have to search for another.

    ReplyDelete